As a Backend at Desygner, you will be working closely with Desygner’s directors and particularly the Chief Technology Officer & Front-End Lead to organize, manage and deliver technical solutions. You will play an active role in the development of our product and assist Desygner to reach its full potential.
- Maintaining and improving multiple APIs with 100s of queries by the minute
- Ensuring systems scalability and security;
- Low-level APIs integration with external services such as social networks, notification platforms, and payment systems;
- SEO and site mapping;
- SysOps over Linux systems;
We are looking for a person with attention to details, really passionate about coding and with deep knowledge of high-traffic PHP backend projects. The perfect candidate would have experience on server MVC frameworks (especially Symfony), SQL (Doctrine), AWS (Dynamo, SQL, S3, CloudFront, etc), cache systems (PHP & Redis), TWIG template engine, high availability REST APIs, microservices and distributed servers.
- More than 3 years of software development experience
- Strong PHP (MVC, ORMs, Cache, services), SQL and networks knowledge
- Strong API server to client understanding
- Independent (level B2 or equivalent) in English.
- Template engines, SEO, SysOps, CI, Linux.
- AWS knowledge.
Organisational Cultural Fit
We are looking for professionals who seek constant improvement, are willing to take responsibility and celebrate the wins.
- Passion for startups and big-picture development;
- Takes ownership and finds solutions;
- Able to think outside of the box;
- Team player & enthusiastic;
- Wants to change the world of design and branding;
- Money shall not be the only motivator for working with us.
Benefits & culture
We nurture a creative, focused & fun environment where people look forward to coming to the office. Our team is diverse in both culture and talent which makes for a superbly unique work environment.
- Work on products used by millions of people;
- Central office location with public transport around the corner;
- Competitive compensation + option plan;
- Flexible hours;
- Exciting career opportunities;
- Continuous learning and development.
The Application Process
- Please submit your resume along with a sample of your work
- If you meet the position requirements, we will send back a qualifier test
You must be eligible to work in Australia.
Interested? Apply today!
Our recruitment process is fast! Simply fill your details and send us your resume. We will send back a development qualifier test. Successful applications will be interviewed within a week.