Shutterstock Image Usage Terms
Effective on the 18th of August 2023
This Agreement governs the use of content provided by Shutterstock (the “Content”), and is applicable to all users (“Users”) who access or utilize the Content through the Company’s Platform. By accessing or using the Content, Users agree to adhere to the following restrictions:
General Restrictions on Content Usage:
1. Limited Usage Rights: Users may use Content solely as incorporated into products created and distributed using the Platform. Downloading any Content in its original, unaltered form outside the Platform is strictly prohibited.
2. Prohibition on Unlawful Use: Users shall not use Content with pornographic, defamatory, or unlawful material, or in a manner that infringes upon any third party’s trademark or intellectual property rights.
3. Ethical Portrayal: Users shall not portray any person depicted in the Content (a “Model”) in an offensive manner, including but not limited to depicting a Model:
a) in connection with explicit or adult themes;
b) promoting tobacco products;
c) endorsing political entities or opinions;
d) illustrating physical or mental ailments;
e) engaging in immoral or criminal activities.
4. Trademark Restrictions: Content shall not be used as a trademark, service mark, or logo.
1. Musical Themes: Music content shall not be used as a musical theme in connection with any products created and distributed using the Platform.
2. Audio-Only Usage: Users shall not use Music as the primary content in an audio-only capacity with any products created and distributed using the Platform.
3. International Advertising Limitations: Music shall not be used in an international television advertising campaign by or on behalf of an entity with annual revenues exceeding One Billion Dollars ($1,000,000,000).
4. Editing and Alteration: Music may be subject to basic editing (e.g., setting start/stop points, determining fade-in/fade-out points, etc.), but shall not be remixed or otherwise substantially altered.
5. Distribution Restrictions: Music shall not be made available in a downloadable form through the internet, including via FTP, IRC, peer-to-peer file sharing services, or similar platforms.
Please note, that Company is not liable or responsible for Users’ non-compliance with these restrictions. Users are solely responsible for ensuring that their use of the Content complies with this Agreement, and non-compliance may result in legal consequences.
For further details, clarifications, or inquiries related to this Agreement, Users are encouraged to contact our legal department.
These Shutterstock Image Usage Terms may be updated from time to time. If we make any changes, we will notify you by revising the “effective starting” date at the top of this notice.