How to make business cards online using Desygner
Business cards are a powerful and popular tool used to look for a job or get new clients.
Not only do business cards give basic information about the person, but they also have intrinsic qualities that are conveyed to the recipient. That’s where the importance of design comes in.
1. Choose business card templates that fit your professional profile
To make a business card, we assume you already have an idea in mind. That’s why this first step is about finding a business card template that gets close to your concept. If you’re a more creative type, you can create a business card from scratch by using a blank template.
Business card size matters
If your business card size is too big for a wallet, or the paper is too thin, your client may throw it in the trash. That’s why you should invest time in the design and money in the materials.
Classic business card size can vary according to country. The most common in Spain and Europe is 85 x 55mm, while in Latin America it’s 90 x 50mm.
The default business card size in Desygner is what’s used in Europe – 85 x 50mm – but it can be changed, as shown in the screenshot below.
2. Add content to your business card
To make a business card, don’t forget anything important!
There are endless types of business cards. From the most classic to the most creative, the design reminds the recipient who you are and why he/she took your card.
Although it varies according to industry, a business card must have:
- Name, last name, email, phone number, address, logo, company name (if applicable).
How to edit text in your business card template
- Double click on the text you want to edit.
- Type in your business card content.
How to add extra text to your business card
- In the main menu, located at the bottom, click on “text.”
- Click on the approximate size: title, subtitle or body text.
- The text will appear immediately in your design.
Make sure that the basic information is updated, without grammatical errors and above all complete.
3. Add or edit shapes to make your business card unforgettable
With something as simple as a rectangle, circle or triangle, you can make a business card that will stun your client. Don’t believe us? Look at these Desygner business card templates and how they use shapes to make business cards that are both professional and artistic.
4. Add your favourite colours and impress your clients!
In most cases, simple business cards are the most striking ones. To make a business card:
- Use 2 or 3 colors maximum.
- Make sure that the colors go together.
Avoid colors that make it difficult to read the business card!
How to change the color of an element
In Desygner, you can change the color of any element. To do this, you just have to select the element that you want to change the color of and then choose the color in the toolbar at the top of the editor.
5. Add business card icons
Some business cards include icons for basic information such as a phone, or an envelope for an email, etc. In Desygner, you can find hundreds of business card icons and best of all, you can edit the colors to your liking.
To make a business card with icons, you can search for them:
- In the main menu, click on “elements.”
- Type a keyword into the search or choose from one of our categories.
- If you want to import your own icons, follow the same steps for uploading a photo. Don’t forget to import them with a transparent background (PNG)!
You can create creative shapes using icons. Change their location or color, group them or place them wherever you want.
6. Print or share your new business card
To finish creating a business card, you just have to export your business card as a PDF and decide where to print it and what type of paper you want for it. The most common ones are:
- Matte paper
- Glossy paper
- Linen paper
- Soft texture
- Rough texture
If you want to print it on your own, don’t forget to configure your printer to be able to print front and back. Another option, and the easiest one, is to bring your business card PDF to a professional printer.
Create a free account and start to make a business card!