How to make a flyer online
How many times have you stopped to read a cool flyer because of its design? How often has that same design stuck with you without knowing why? Wouldn’t you like your clients to feel that same need to get your products or services?
Let’s get started by making a flyer online from your phone or tablet anywhere or anytime, without needing to hire a graphic designer.
1. Use the right tool to make a flyer
To make a flyer, first we need to download the free app available for Android and iOS, and create an account. Because it’s online, Desygner lets you access your projects from your phone, tablet or even use the web version from your computer, giving you greater flexibility while working.
2. Choose the flyer templates that best fit your idea
Time to choose your template to make a flyer!
Choosing templates is a key step. The design of your flyer will depend on many factors, including the content that you need to add, the style of business you have and what you would like to convey through it.
We assume that you’ve worked beforehand on the content of your flyer and that you have all the information ready to go.
Dedicate some time to choosing the flyer templates that you like most and that best fit your needs. All the templates are organized by size, so you won’t have to worry about dimensions.
3. Edit the default text and add your flyer content
Let’s transform the template into your next flyer!
Every flyer template is completely editable and best of all, it’s easy to do. With this, you’ll get a flyer customized to your business within minutes. If you have the content in a digital document, you can copy and paste the text automatically.
Edit the default text and add your flyer content by following these steps:
- Click on the text you want to edit and select it.
- Click on the icon “Edit Text” that appears in the lower bar on the screen.
- Type in your own information.
Change the color of the text
If somebody takes the time to read your flyer, make sure that it’s readable. Get a good contrast between the text and the background. For example, if the background is light, it should be coupled with a dark text. On the other hand, if the flyer background is dark, your text should be light-colored.
- Select the text that you would like to change colors.
- Click on “Change Color” in the toolbar that appears on the bottom of the screen.
- Choose the color of your business or one you like best for your design.
If you need to, add extra text to your flyer
What if your template doesn’t have enough text for your liking? No problem! Add all the extra text you need.
To add additional text to your flyer, you just have to:
- On the main menu, Click on “Text.”
- Choose an approximate size: Title, Subtitle or Body.
- The text will appear in your design.
- Click on it to edit.
4. Choose from hundreds of good fonts for flyers
Sometimes choosing fonts isn’t so easy, or it isn’t given enough importance. Whether fonts for flyers or another purpose, the font should fit your brand image. Depending on if your business has a formal image or instead targets young people, you will choose a completely different font.
Keep in mind that you need to attract the reader and make him/her your next client. If you’re not sure about what fonts to use, play it safe and use simple fonts since they’re the most effective. Desygner gives you access to a wide variety of good fonts for flyers to add the characteristic touch of your organisation or company.
- Select the text.
- Click the letter “F” that you’ll find in the lower toolbar.
- Choose the font you like best. The app offers a preview of each one of them.
5. Thousands of free images for flyer design
An image isn’t always worth a thousand words – sometimes you have to add several images to a flyer. Whether to make a big impact or to get the reader’s attention, make sure that every image you choose to add to your flyer is high-quality.
Replace existing default images with professional images that you can find in the integrated image bank. To do this:
- Select the photo you want to replace.
- Click on the “Replace” button that appears in the toolbar on the bottom of the screen.
- Look up images by typing keywords into the magnifying glass that appears on the top of the screen.
- Click on the one that you like best.
Personalize your flyer by adding your own images
We know that there are some businesses that need to use their own images. For example, to show their own products this season, whether special dishes or whatever the product may be. Showing images of your product or business will give your future clients confidence in you, but don’t forget to use professional images.
Contact a professional photographer if necessary. Once you have your images, import them to Desygner with just a few clicks. To do this:
- Click on the “Images” button.
- Choose the Tag: gallery
- Now choose the photo from your phone image gallery.
6. Add your business logo to your flyer
The logo is the main image of your company. With it, clients will relate your flyer with your product, service or business. For this reason, the logo – besides having a design that makes the company identifiable at first glance – should always appear on flyers that you design.
Place the logo strategically and above all, in a clean area with space around it. This will make your logo memorable. To make your logo fit on your flyer professionally, don’t forget to upload your file as a PNG format (transparent background).
The process of adding your logo is the same as adding any other image.
7. Share your flyer with your future clients!
After making a flyer, it’s time to reach out to everybody!
You have two options: to post your flyer on the internet or to print it off and hand out copies.
You just have to:
- Click on the “Download” option.
- Choose where you would like to share your new flyer. (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp…)
- You can also share it using a link.
- Or download it directly to your phone.
Remember that printing your design will depend on your needs. You can do it through a professional printer (don’t forget to download your file as a PDF for printing), or print them off at home yourself. Download your design as a JPG and choose the highest quality.
Printing several designs on the same page will depend on the features of your operating system and printer. But we’ve created a tutorial where you can see how it’s done on Windows and Mac.
Access and Edit your flyer whenever you want
When you rush to make a flyer design, it can lead to mistakes that are often difficult to fix as quickly as you made them.
The Desygner app lets you save progress at any time and undo any action that you want without wasting time or content. Something so simple can be a lifesaver, so that you don’t lose a single second.
Now that you know how to make a flyer, sign up and start to create flyers that grab the attention of your clients. Let’s start designing!