How to make a birthday card online
Who doesn’t like getting a personalized birthday card on their special day?
Thanks to the Desygner online card maker, designing amazing birthday cards is super easy. Congratulate that special somebody with images, icons, quotes, and more – just as they deserve!
1. Choose the birthday card template that you like best
Choose from a variety of fun and professional birthday card templates to make you card.
To start creating, first choose a template that fits your idea. If you’re a more creative type, you can also create your birthday card from a blank template.
OR choose a collage template and wow the birthday girl/boy
Who doesn’t like photo collages to take a trip down memory lane?
A collage of photos is sure to be a hit. Choose your favourite photos and make that person say ‘wow’! To make a birthday card with a collage, choose from one of our collage templates, upload your photos, replace them, and TA-DA!
2. Amazing birthday card backgrounds are waiting for you
Edit the default images or background for a perfectly personalised card.
To make a birthday card with amazing images, look for birthday backgrounds in our free image bank.
1. Select the default image or background.
2. In the menu, click on “images”.
3. In the tab “copyright-free”, type birthday.
4. Choose your favourite image. The default image will be replaced immediately.
Add your own images
We all know that congratulating somebody on their birthday is special and can make someone’s day. Maybe you want to do something more personal for that extra step up of well-wishing. That’s why we make sure you can add your own images. These photos will create a special connection between you and the birthday girl/boy.
1. In the main menu located at the top of the app, click on “images”.
2. Choose your favourite image from your device.
3. Let your creativity run wild with our birthday icons
Adding icons to your birthday card create a quirky final product. Say ‘happy birthday’ with a heart, animal, or a favourite object (like cake or cars), or something else that you like.
To make a birthday card with elements:
1. In the main menu, click on “elements”.
2. Select the category “parties”.
3. Choose your icon.
4. It’s time to print or download your new birthday card
It’s time for your home-made card to see the light of day!
How to download your card to your phone/laptop
Download your printable birthday card in high resolution so it looks sharp. If you want it in high resolution, we recommend that you download it as a PNG. You can also download it as a JPEG.
1. Click on the arrow pointing down, located at the top of the editor.
2. Choose your design.
3. Select your format.
Print your birthday card like a pro
For your card to look the best possible, first remember to select the highest quality for your printer. If you want a more professional touch, you can buy special paper to print your card.
You can choose among:
- Coated paper: matte or glossy (usually used for cards).
- Adhesive paper: with it, you can stick your card anywhere, such as on a gift.
- Board paper: this paper is usually reserved for wedding invitations or communions, and is defined by its rough, high-quality texture.
5. Share your birthday card and stun everybody on social media
Congratulate the birthday girl/boy on social media!
Nowadays it’s very common to congratulate people on social media. Why use one of those repetitive cards circulating online when you can create your own?
Once your card is finished:
1. Click on the “share” button located on the upper right-hand corner.
2. Select your design and the options for sharing it from your phone will appear below.
3. Select an option, add your social network and share.
Are you ready to create a card for a special birthday? Get going!
We know you’ll make one that will look great. Share your amazing creations with us in the comments below or on social media using #IamTheDesygner. We’d love to see what you’ve made.